Jun 18, 2006

Now what?

We went to visit my parents last night to celebrate Fathers' Day.  Came home and started laundry right away because dd1 and dd2 were leaving for bible camp this morning and needed some clothes.  About half an hour after we got here I turned on the faucet to start the dishes and-no water.  Now you know what a sinking feeling that gives you.  First check the breaker.  That was on.  What next?  Pray. Okay, now what?  Go outside and check the electric line from the pump to the house.  I bet those phone line chewing goats got the pump line now.  Flashlight in hand I checked it out.  Can't see what could be wrong.  Then I see the headlights of my dh's big truck.  The calvary's on the way.  Once in the house, he took the cover off of the pressure switch for the pump and what do you suppose he found?  One poor little black beetle with his leg wedged between the contact points.  He was keeping the pump from turning on!  Dh took him out of there and the pump started right up.  Bet we never see that happen again.  Anyways, just wanted to share that with you.  Another tale to add to my strange but true collection.


Have a blessed night.

No comments:

Jun 18, 2006

Now what?

We went to visit my parents last night to celebrate Fathers' Day.  Came home and started laundry right away because dd1 and dd2 were leaving for bible camp this morning and needed some clothes.  About half an hour after we got here I turned on the faucet to start the dishes and-no water.  Now you know what a sinking feeling that gives you.  First check the breaker.  That was on.  What next?  Pray. Okay, now what?  Go outside and check the electric line from the pump to the house.  I bet those phone line chewing goats got the pump line now.  Flashlight in hand I checked it out.  Can't see what could be wrong.  Then I see the headlights of my dh's big truck.  The calvary's on the way.  Once in the house, he took the cover off of the pressure switch for the pump and what do you suppose he found?  One poor little black beetle with his leg wedged between the contact points.  He was keeping the pump from turning on!  Dh took him out of there and the pump started right up.  Bet we never see that happen again.  Anyways, just wanted to share that with you.  Another tale to add to my strange but true collection.


Have a blessed night.

No comments: