May 15, 2006

Basking in the Son-On the Rock

The sun! The sun! The sun!...How wonderful. 


Today is one of those almost perfect days.  A nice breeze blowing the clean sheets on the line.  Puffs of clouds overhead with blue patches.  I think the temp is about 65 with humidity at 80 percent.  I love it. 


We have goats, chickens and ducks all parading around the yard.  I found it was easier just to let the goats roam, providing they behave themselves.  They do want to get into the house, but I told them no.  They've left my gardens alone so far.  But if they start to be pests, it's back to the goat pen for them.  I think it looks like Ma and Pa Kettle's place, here.  Knowing we're moving soon doesn't help.  I don't much feel like improving the yard or finding homes for stuff, when I know the best place for it is in the moving van.  I do need to start organizing a bit, though.


One day at a time.  I know it's an old cliche.  "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things.  Sufficient to the day is its own trouble."  Matt.6:34  That's the New Testament version of it.  That's where I think God is leading me.  There are things going on that are frightening, but what a glorious time of growing in faith and standing on the Rock.  What Satan has meant for harm, God will use for good.  I still covet your prayers.  Prayers for wisdom and strength.  We have a court date on Thursday at 9:30.  Thank you.

No comments:

May 15, 2006

Basking in the Son-On the Rock

The sun! The sun! The sun!...How wonderful. 


Today is one of those almost perfect days.  A nice breeze blowing the clean sheets on the line.  Puffs of clouds overhead with blue patches.  I think the temp is about 65 with humidity at 80 percent.  I love it. 


We have goats, chickens and ducks all parading around the yard.  I found it was easier just to let the goats roam, providing they behave themselves.  They do want to get into the house, but I told them no.  They've left my gardens alone so far.  But if they start to be pests, it's back to the goat pen for them.  I think it looks like Ma and Pa Kettle's place, here.  Knowing we're moving soon doesn't help.  I don't much feel like improving the yard or finding homes for stuff, when I know the best place for it is in the moving van.  I do need to start organizing a bit, though.


One day at a time.  I know it's an old cliche.  "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things.  Sufficient to the day is its own trouble."  Matt.6:34  That's the New Testament version of it.  That's where I think God is leading me.  There are things going on that are frightening, but what a glorious time of growing in faith and standing on the Rock.  What Satan has meant for harm, God will use for good.  I still covet your prayers.  Prayers for wisdom and strength.  We have a court date on Thursday at 9:30.  Thank you.

No comments: