Apr 24, 2008

More than I deserve


I am such a spoiled brat.  My honey took me to look at Alpine goats yesterday.  Of course, you can't look at those little kids without taking one home.  I went prepared, I knew.  I took two home yesterday.  Little seven week old doelings.  They are adorable.  My husband is so good to me.  I know that these little girls will benefit the whole family, but when you get down to it, they are really for me.  I have my Angoras, now my Alpines, a couple of Corriedale sheep and my ark will be full.    We have two donkeys.  They are great herd protectors and keep my dogs out of the pasture, a couple of horses that are good for ???, okay, I'm not a horse person.  We also have our cattle- three steers, a cow and her new calf.  And don't forget the "herd" of chickens, five roosters and 22 hens.  This is the life that I love.  I forget sometimes, but right now my heart is full.  I believe my children are the better for it.


Yesterday, my husband spent the day loading up a bunch of the scrap metal that we have laying around here.  He made enough money to buy a new septic tank for the new system we need to put in.  My honey is very resourceful.


Time to go check on those new kids.  Have a glorious day.


 

No comments:

Apr 24, 2008

More than I deserve


I am such a spoiled brat.  My honey took me to look at Alpine goats yesterday.  Of course, you can't look at those little kids without taking one home.  I went prepared, I knew.  I took two home yesterday.  Little seven week old doelings.  They are adorable.  My husband is so good to me.  I know that these little girls will benefit the whole family, but when you get down to it, they are really for me.  I have my Angoras, now my Alpines, a couple of Corriedale sheep and my ark will be full.    We have two donkeys.  They are great herd protectors and keep my dogs out of the pasture, a couple of horses that are good for ???, okay, I'm not a horse person.  We also have our cattle- three steers, a cow and her new calf.  And don't forget the "herd" of chickens, five roosters and 22 hens.  This is the life that I love.  I forget sometimes, but right now my heart is full.  I believe my children are the better for it.


Yesterday, my husband spent the day loading up a bunch of the scrap metal that we have laying around here.  He made enough money to buy a new septic tank for the new system we need to put in.  My honey is very resourceful.


Time to go check on those new kids.  Have a glorious day.


 

No comments: