Apr 16, 2008

The Continuing Saga...Remember the Cow?

So far in our story...December 16th, 2007, cow arrives at our farm from the neighbors'.  He's certain that she's pregnant and looks like she could calve any day. She needs a barn because of the cold weather, he only has lean-tos. Two weeks later-still looks like she could calve anyday.  Here we are April 16th, four months later, and yes, she is pregnant.  Still no calf, but I don't think that she can hold out much longer, try as she might.  We've started checking her at night.  She's getting pretty crotchety.  You would too if you'd been pregnant for 18 months?  This will be the first calf born on our new farm.  I'll try to post pics, if I can find my daughter's digital.

No comments:

Apr 16, 2008

The Continuing Saga...Remember the Cow?

So far in our story...December 16th, 2007, cow arrives at our farm from the neighbors'.  He's certain that she's pregnant and looks like she could calve any day. She needs a barn because of the cold weather, he only has lean-tos. Two weeks later-still looks like she could calve anyday.  Here we are April 16th, four months later, and yes, she is pregnant.  Still no calf, but I don't think that she can hold out much longer, try as she might.  We've started checking her at night.  She's getting pretty crotchety.  You would too if you'd been pregnant for 18 months?  This will be the first calf born on our new farm.  I'll try to post pics, if I can find my daughter's digital.

No comments: