Apr 19, 2006

Labor intensive gardening

The wind sure was blowing yesterday.  The temperature was warm, 68, but the wind made it a bit chilly.  It's been beautiful weather for Northern Minnesota.  There are years when we still get snow storms in April.  The wildfire danger is high, though.  Today it should rain.  It sure looks like  it out there.


I ventured out into my garden yesterday.  Since I broke two tillers last year, I'm turning and working the soil by hand as I plant it.  I did enough to put in lettuce, spinach, radishes and peas yesterday.  It's over a month early!  Probably wishful thinking on my part, but it'll be interesting to see if they grow.


I let the goats into the big pasture yesterday.  Didn't work so well.  They had no problem negotiating that  fence and walking right out into my yard to eat my daffodils.  I have to come up with a better plan.  Their goat yard is so small, they need room to jump. 


Time for school.  Have a blessed day.


Rhonda

No comments:

Apr 19, 2006

Labor intensive gardening

The wind sure was blowing yesterday.  The temperature was warm, 68, but the wind made it a bit chilly.  It's been beautiful weather for Northern Minnesota.  There are years when we still get snow storms in April.  The wildfire danger is high, though.  Today it should rain.  It sure looks like  it out there.


I ventured out into my garden yesterday.  Since I broke two tillers last year, I'm turning and working the soil by hand as I plant it.  I did enough to put in lettuce, spinach, radishes and peas yesterday.  It's over a month early!  Probably wishful thinking on my part, but it'll be interesting to see if they grow.


I let the goats into the big pasture yesterday.  Didn't work so well.  They had no problem negotiating that  fence and walking right out into my yard to eat my daffodils.  I have to come up with a better plan.  Their goat yard is so small, they need room to jump. 


Time for school.  Have a blessed day.


Rhonda

No comments: