Sep 10, 2007

Harvest

In the spring, the thought of planting and weeding seems like so much work.  But then you think about the harvest and the thought is thrilling.  Why is it, we forget the work part of that?  At least I do.  God has blessed us above and beyond what I thought He would.  True, I planted for a farmer's market, so I have a large garden.  I've been giving and giving it away (especially the zuchinni :)  )  Today our trip to the garden produced strawberries, zuchinni, buttercup squash, tomatoes, cucumbers, corn, habeneros, green peppers and sunflower seeds.  Now I get to make more spaghetti sauce, salsa, relish, and sunbutter.  The sunbutter I haven't tried yet, but I hope it works.  I'm taking a load of vegetables up North on Friday, Lord willing and another down to the cities in a couple of weeks.  How good is our God!  I hope it doesn't sound like bragging, because I could never have grown a garden like this myself.  Maybe there's a parralel there in the spiritual sense.  God provides the seed, the water, the soil, and the increase.  We just have to be willing to do some work.  The harvest is great. 


Praise God.


From Glory Farm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How Wonderful! A truly Bountiful Harvest and Knowing where it came from and giving Him the Glory after we've done our part. Truly Wonderful and Amazing. Good Job. Hope that 'sunbutter' turns out. please let us know. Sincerely, Brenda

Sep 10, 2007

Harvest

In the spring, the thought of planting and weeding seems like so much work.  But then you think about the harvest and the thought is thrilling.  Why is it, we forget the work part of that?  At least I do.  God has blessed us above and beyond what I thought He would.  True, I planted for a farmer's market, so I have a large garden.  I've been giving and giving it away (especially the zuchinni :)  )  Today our trip to the garden produced strawberries, zuchinni, buttercup squash, tomatoes, cucumbers, corn, habeneros, green peppers and sunflower seeds.  Now I get to make more spaghetti sauce, salsa, relish, and sunbutter.  The sunbutter I haven't tried yet, but I hope it works.  I'm taking a load of vegetables up North on Friday, Lord willing and another down to the cities in a couple of weeks.  How good is our God!  I hope it doesn't sound like bragging, because I could never have grown a garden like this myself.  Maybe there's a parralel there in the spiritual sense.  God provides the seed, the water, the soil, and the increase.  We just have to be willing to do some work.  The harvest is great. 


Praise God.


From Glory Farm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How Wonderful! A truly Bountiful Harvest and Knowing where it came from and giving Him the Glory after we've done our part. Truly Wonderful and Amazing. Good Job. Hope that 'sunbutter' turns out. please let us know. Sincerely, Brenda