Sep 15, 2007

Fall Color Festival

It was Fall Color Festival time at the little town just down the road from us.  My honey was home so he was able to come with this year.  What a treat.  We went in early for the pancake breakfast.  The pancakes were the size of the plates.  For real!  After pancakes, we took in the car show.  I didn't think that they could fit that many cars in a town this size.  We went to look at a sharp Corvette and were welcomed by my cousin, who owned it.  Surprise!  Then off to the farmer's swap at the feed store.  We brought Little Red, our bantam rooster.  The other roosters won't let him in the barn and he'll freeze all alone this winter.  No takers, but we did meet a nice man who has many milkgoats and is willing to part with some of them before the snow flies.  I need to set up a better pasture.  We'll see.  Then is was over to the kid's tractor pull.  This is what my little ones have been waiting for all year.  They didn't place last year and vowed revenge this year.  Dd pedaled her heart out, only to come in third.  And ds pushed it hard and came in second, which is good enough to get a trophy.  He's one happy camper.  Last of all was the flea market.  My son collects everything.  He was able to buy another license plate to add to his collection and our daughter purchased a small, decorative wall cupboard.  I don't know what she's going to do with it yet, but...Honey found an antique monkey wrench to add to his collection.  (I wonder where our boy gets it?)  I found some Doritoes and hamburger buns at the grocery store and called it quits.  (I collect calories. )


I have pics on my digital, which I'll get to maybe tomorrow.  I'd better go and freeze some broccoli, can some beets and make horseradish sauce.  My dad loves horseradish, so I make him  a quart to keep him all winter.


God bless your day. 


From Glory Farm

No comments:

Sep 15, 2007

Fall Color Festival

It was Fall Color Festival time at the little town just down the road from us.  My honey was home so he was able to come with this year.  What a treat.  We went in early for the pancake breakfast.  The pancakes were the size of the plates.  For real!  After pancakes, we took in the car show.  I didn't think that they could fit that many cars in a town this size.  We went to look at a sharp Corvette and were welcomed by my cousin, who owned it.  Surprise!  Then off to the farmer's swap at the feed store.  We brought Little Red, our bantam rooster.  The other roosters won't let him in the barn and he'll freeze all alone this winter.  No takers, but we did meet a nice man who has many milkgoats and is willing to part with some of them before the snow flies.  I need to set up a better pasture.  We'll see.  Then is was over to the kid's tractor pull.  This is what my little ones have been waiting for all year.  They didn't place last year and vowed revenge this year.  Dd pedaled her heart out, only to come in third.  And ds pushed it hard and came in second, which is good enough to get a trophy.  He's one happy camper.  Last of all was the flea market.  My son collects everything.  He was able to buy another license plate to add to his collection and our daughter purchased a small, decorative wall cupboard.  I don't know what she's going to do with it yet, but...Honey found an antique monkey wrench to add to his collection.  (I wonder where our boy gets it?)  I found some Doritoes and hamburger buns at the grocery store and called it quits.  (I collect calories. )


I have pics on my digital, which I'll get to maybe tomorrow.  I'd better go and freeze some broccoli, can some beets and make horseradish sauce.  My dad loves horseradish, so I make him  a quart to keep him all winter.


God bless your day. 


From Glory Farm

No comments: