Here's a recipe I found for a flea collar. I haven't tried it yet, but I mean to.
1/2 t. alcohol
1 drop cedarwood essential oil
1 drop lavender essential oil
1 drop citronella essential oil
1 drop thyme essential oil
Mix with the contents of four garlic capsules- Soak a soft dog collar in this until it has absorbed as much as possible, then dry. This last about a month. You can use this for cats and dogs.
1.Eliminate ear mites. All it takes is a few drops of corn oil
In your cat’s ear, massage it in, then clean with a cotton ball. Repeat daily for three days.
2. To kill fleas, Dawn dishwashing soap does the trick. Add a few drops to your dog’s bath and shampoo the animal thoroughly. Rinse well to avoid skin irritations..
3. Next time your dog comes in from the rain, simply wipe down the animal with a dryer sheet. Makes him smell springtime fresh.
4. Colgate toothpaste makes an excellent salve for burns.
5. For relief of achy muscles, mix 1 tablespoon of horseradish in 1 cup of olive oil. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes, then apply it as a massage oil.
6. For a sore throat just mix ¼ cup of vinegar with ¼ cup of honey and take 1 tablespoon six times a day. The vinegar kills the bacteria.
7. Cover skin blemishes with a dab of honey and place a band-aid over it. Honey kills the bacteria and keeps the skin sterile.
8. Listerine therapy for toenail fungus. Get rid of unsightly toenail fungus by soaking your toes in Listerine mouthwash.
9. Pour a drop of Elmer’s glue over a splinter, let dry and peel the dried glue off the skin. The splinter sticks to the dried glue.
10. Mix 2 cups of rolled oats and 1 cup of water in a bowl and warm in the microwave for 1 minute. Cool slightly and apply the mixture to your hands for soothing relief from arthritis pain.
From Glory Farm