Aug 7, 2006

Two steps forward and one step back

It's a good thing that we can't see the future.  We go into it with high hopes and expectations and I think that's the way God designed us.  I don't always understand the whys and wherefores of things.  (Always?  How bout hardly ever?)  But I've seen God's hand in things when I've stopped to reflect some time later.  All this to tell you that my much loved and wanted goats left today for a farm unknown.  They would have put Houdini to shame.  They could get out of anything and never leave a trace.  I came home from the dentist today to find both Tootsie and BillyBobJoe out in the yard.  It was the last time.  I can't risk them going back to our neighbor's house and nibbling his thousand dollar yard.  I made a call and they left this evening.  The chickens went with to keep them company.  No more poop in the machine shop.  So just where is the Lord leading?  I so desire to have these creatures.  In time I could build better fences and buildings to keep my animals in.  We still have the cows, horses and donkeys.  I'm going to call tomorrow on some Dexter cattle.  If I can't milk goats, I'll milk cows.  I'm also praying about how God would have us to use all of this land that we've been blessed with.  I'm open to ideas.  We have sandy loam for soil and it's great for growing things.  So please give me ideas to pray on.


God bless your night.


From Glory Farm

No comments:

Aug 7, 2006

Two steps forward and one step back

It's a good thing that we can't see the future.  We go into it with high hopes and expectations and I think that's the way God designed us.  I don't always understand the whys and wherefores of things.  (Always?  How bout hardly ever?)  But I've seen God's hand in things when I've stopped to reflect some time later.  All this to tell you that my much loved and wanted goats left today for a farm unknown.  They would have put Houdini to shame.  They could get out of anything and never leave a trace.  I came home from the dentist today to find both Tootsie and BillyBobJoe out in the yard.  It was the last time.  I can't risk them going back to our neighbor's house and nibbling his thousand dollar yard.  I made a call and they left this evening.  The chickens went with to keep them company.  No more poop in the machine shop.  So just where is the Lord leading?  I so desire to have these creatures.  In time I could build better fences and buildings to keep my animals in.  We still have the cows, horses and donkeys.  I'm going to call tomorrow on some Dexter cattle.  If I can't milk goats, I'll milk cows.  I'm also praying about how God would have us to use all of this land that we've been blessed with.  I'm open to ideas.  We have sandy loam for soil and it's great for growing things.  So please give me ideas to pray on.


God bless your night.


From Glory Farm

No comments: