Jul 23, 2011

Fantastic Foraging

This afternoon was spent in the woods.  Jenny(the dog), and I, went in search of a new blueberry patch.  We found a small patch loaded with green berries, but we found a lot more than that.  We found a couple new rasberry patches with a lot of berries.  We pulled some wild ginger root.  We found a patch of wild hops.  And we found a patch of green dewberries.  What a glorious day. Oh, I forgot to mention the hazelnut bushes.  These new treasures are marked in my mind and we'll be going back in a few days to check on the blueberries and dewberries.  I'm thinking that there may still be more treasures on that back forty and once I get my energy back, we'll go and do some more exploring.
Thank you, Lord.
From Glory Farm

No comments:

Jul 23, 2011

Fantastic Foraging

This afternoon was spent in the woods.  Jenny(the dog), and I, went in search of a new blueberry patch.  We found a small patch loaded with green berries, but we found a lot more than that.  We found a couple new rasberry patches with a lot of berries.  We pulled some wild ginger root.  We found a patch of wild hops.  And we found a patch of green dewberries.  What a glorious day. Oh, I forgot to mention the hazelnut bushes.  These new treasures are marked in my mind and we'll be going back in a few days to check on the blueberries and dewberries.  I'm thinking that there may still be more treasures on that back forty and once I get my energy back, we'll go and do some more exploring.
Thank you, Lord.
From Glory Farm

No comments: