So now that the fiber is carded, it looks like this-
I decided to dye this batch in two tones. I failed to wet the wool before I put it in the dye. Here's the fluff going into the pot.
Next, I dry it again and end up with this, a little darker than I wanted.
Now the really fun part-spinning it.
Once it's spun, I set the twist by putting the yarn in hot water and soaking for a couple of hours. This caused the dark dye to bleed a bit more, evidently, I hadn't washed it out as much as I should have when it took the dye.
I put the yarn in an old pillowcase and put it in the spin cycle in the washer. This takes out all of the excess water. Then I rewind it around my "winding chair". I sometimes wind it around my niddy noddy to dry, but this chair works so well and each round is one yard.
The yarn turned out in shades of green and made about 95 yards.
Here is the finished product-
It's single ply yarn, occasionally I make a two ply, but I prefer the single ply.
So there you have it. Mistakes and all.
From Glory Farm.