Oct 28, 2006

Great Expectations

My husband is a gifted man, with a unique outlook on life.  We balance each other out pretty well.  I haven't found much that dh isn't able to do.  If he doesn't know how, give him a book.  It's great.  Yesterday he had our youngest two with him in the shop tearing apart a Farmall B.  It was his day to homeschool.  They tore the thing completely apart.  The two young ones are selling parts.  Today he took ds to pick up a tractor.  This is a tractor that my son is buying with the money he made from the steer he raised.  It's a Farmall H with a loader.  I'm just beginning to appreciate such things.  Our son plans on using it to fix the Farmall H he has stored in the shop and then selling it once he has them both running.  He's nine.  I think this is a contunuation of my husband's homeschooling style.  He expects great things from his children.  I just expect them to pick up their clothes.  "They" say that your children will live up to your expectations.  I hope they live up to my husband's and far surpass mine.


Have a glorious Saturday.


From Glory Farm

No comments:

Oct 28, 2006

Great Expectations

My husband is a gifted man, with a unique outlook on life.  We balance each other out pretty well.  I haven't found much that dh isn't able to do.  If he doesn't know how, give him a book.  It's great.  Yesterday he had our youngest two with him in the shop tearing apart a Farmall B.  It was his day to homeschool.  They tore the thing completely apart.  The two young ones are selling parts.  Today he took ds to pick up a tractor.  This is a tractor that my son is buying with the money he made from the steer he raised.  It's a Farmall H with a loader.  I'm just beginning to appreciate such things.  Our son plans on using it to fix the Farmall H he has stored in the shop and then selling it once he has them both running.  He's nine.  I think this is a contunuation of my husband's homeschooling style.  He expects great things from his children.  I just expect them to pick up their clothes.  "They" say that your children will live up to your expectations.  I hope they live up to my husband's and far surpass mine.


Have a glorious Saturday.


From Glory Farm

No comments: