Sep 26, 2006

And then there was heat....

What a welcome noise.  The sound of a gas furnace blower.  We now have heat.  My husband, who can do anything, just installed our first ever gas furnace.  In all of the places I've lived during the last 20 years, I've had woodstoves.  Now, I'm all for self-sufficiency and all, and we left a wood furnace in the basement for back up, but to not mess with firewood is a first.  I'm loving it.  The price of firewood skyrocketed around here last year and we haven't cut enough of our own to get us through.  This is nice.  No more going outside to the woodstove to stoke it at 11:00 p.m.  We have a wood cookstove in the porch that I still use.  It's nice to have options.


We spent Saturday down in the Cities at the 4-H State Dog Show.  Dd1's dog surprised us all and came away with a couple of blues.  It was a God thing.


I'm going picture taking later today if the sun comes out and I'll post some gorgeous (??)  pictures.  :)


From Glory Farm

No comments:

Sep 26, 2006

And then there was heat....

What a welcome noise.  The sound of a gas furnace blower.  We now have heat.  My husband, who can do anything, just installed our first ever gas furnace.  In all of the places I've lived during the last 20 years, I've had woodstoves.  Now, I'm all for self-sufficiency and all, and we left a wood furnace in the basement for back up, but to not mess with firewood is a first.  I'm loving it.  The price of firewood skyrocketed around here last year and we haven't cut enough of our own to get us through.  This is nice.  No more going outside to the woodstove to stoke it at 11:00 p.m.  We have a wood cookstove in the porch that I still use.  It's nice to have options.


We spent Saturday down in the Cities at the 4-H State Dog Show.  Dd1's dog surprised us all and came away with a couple of blues.  It was a God thing.


I'm going picture taking later today if the sun comes out and I'll post some gorgeous (??)  pictures.  :)


From Glory Farm

No comments: