Apr 23, 2012

A "Banana Smoothie" for your Apple Tree

We don't have much for fruit trees, three apple trees and one plum tree, but every spring I make smoothies for my trees.  These smoothies are put in the trees right before they bloom and are supposed to attract the insects that lay their eggs in the bloom end of the fruit.  I really don't know how well it works, but we have nice apples every year and I'd like to think this is helping.
Here's the recipe:
1 mashed banana
1 cup sugar
1 cup white vinegar

Put into a milk jug and fill 2/3 full with water.  Mix well and set in the tree.  I tie this in the upper trunk of the tree and just leave it for a month (or two if I forget).

I think I'm going to invest in more apple trees this spring.  We never seem to have enough fruit.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Apr 23, 2012

A "Banana Smoothie" for your Apple Tree

We don't have much for fruit trees, three apple trees and one plum tree, but every spring I make smoothies for my trees.  These smoothies are put in the trees right before they bloom and are supposed to attract the insects that lay their eggs in the bloom end of the fruit.  I really don't know how well it works, but we have nice apples every year and I'd like to think this is helping.
Here's the recipe:
1 mashed banana
1 cup sugar
1 cup white vinegar

Put into a milk jug and fill 2/3 full with water.  Mix well and set in the tree.  I tie this in the upper trunk of the tree and just leave it for a month (or two if I forget).

I think I'm going to invest in more apple trees this spring.  We never seem to have enough fruit.

Be blessed.

No comments: