Feb 2, 2011

New Kid On the Block

Sunday morning was cold and cloudy.  My honey came in to tell me that we had a new kid in the barn.  I knew the doe was due soon, but was  hoping she would wait until we had a warm spell.  She wasn't very obedient.  This was an "unplanned" pregnancy, as the buck got loose last September. 
Oh well, the doeling is healthy and living in my bathroom until we get warmer temps.  We take her out a few times a day to spend some time with her mom.  She's a cutie, beautiful white and caramel fiber.  I'll post a picture as soon as I can find my daughter's computer cord for her camera.
We only have one other doe to kid and she's due in a month and a half.  Don't you love babies in the spring?  Makes this whole farming thing worthwhile.

No comments:

Feb 2, 2011

New Kid On the Block

Sunday morning was cold and cloudy.  My honey came in to tell me that we had a new kid in the barn.  I knew the doe was due soon, but was  hoping she would wait until we had a warm spell.  She wasn't very obedient.  This was an "unplanned" pregnancy, as the buck got loose last September. 
Oh well, the doeling is healthy and living in my bathroom until we get warmer temps.  We take her out a few times a day to spend some time with her mom.  She's a cutie, beautiful white and caramel fiber.  I'll post a picture as soon as I can find my daughter's computer cord for her camera.
We only have one other doe to kid and she's due in a month and a half.  Don't you love babies in the spring?  Makes this whole farming thing worthwhile.

No comments: