May 16, 2009

Fun, fun, fun

I woke up early this morning, for a Saturday, that is.  The skies were overcast and the wind was blowing at  40mph.  We had and still have a balmy 32 degrees.  Stepping out onto the deck, my feet slid.  Ice and snow! Then the electricity went out.  Trees down on the power line.    I lit a fire in the fire pit, put on the bacon and eggs, and a pot of coffee.  Believe it or not, I really like this.  This is usually the only kind of weather I go camping in.  Cooking outside this morning, I felt like I was at the lake.  The smell of woodsmoke lingers in my hair.  The coffee tastes like real coffee and stays hot forever.  The bacon just slightly burnt and the eggs swimming in bacon grease. 


Yep, it really is fun, fun, fun.


The power is back on now and it's back to the real world, and farm work.


From Glory Farm

No comments:

May 16, 2009

Fun, fun, fun

I woke up early this morning, for a Saturday, that is.  The skies were overcast and the wind was blowing at  40mph.  We had and still have a balmy 32 degrees.  Stepping out onto the deck, my feet slid.  Ice and snow! Then the electricity went out.  Trees down on the power line.    I lit a fire in the fire pit, put on the bacon and eggs, and a pot of coffee.  Believe it or not, I really like this.  This is usually the only kind of weather I go camping in.  Cooking outside this morning, I felt like I was at the lake.  The smell of woodsmoke lingers in my hair.  The coffee tastes like real coffee and stays hot forever.  The bacon just slightly burnt and the eggs swimming in bacon grease. 


Yep, it really is fun, fun, fun.


The power is back on now and it's back to the real world, and farm work.


From Glory Farm

No comments: