Feb 10, 2009

Storm? What storm?

People north of us, people south of us, east and west, too, all had worse roads, school closings,  etc.  For some reason, we only got showers.  It has stayed so warm, still 36 this morning, that nothing is freezing.  No power outages or real treacherous driving.  Does it sound strange that I'm a bit disappointed?  There's something about gathering in the livingroom, using the kerosene lamps, playing games.  I was almost looking forward to a good storm.  They still say the rain we're getting will turn to snow this afternoon.  That will only cause bad driving conditions, not the part of a good storm that I like.  I need to make a couple of trips to town today.



So that's the weather update.


 

1 comment:

Isabella said...

Glad you didn't get the storm. It probably would be great for a few hours but not two weeks. Turn off all the lights and use your lamps. Have a wonderful day. I

Feb 10, 2009

Storm? What storm?

People north of us, people south of us, east and west, too, all had worse roads, school closings,  etc.  For some reason, we only got showers.  It has stayed so warm, still 36 this morning, that nothing is freezing.  No power outages or real treacherous driving.  Does it sound strange that I'm a bit disappointed?  There's something about gathering in the livingroom, using the kerosene lamps, playing games.  I was almost looking forward to a good storm.  They still say the rain we're getting will turn to snow this afternoon.  That will only cause bad driving conditions, not the part of a good storm that I like.  I need to make a couple of trips to town today.



So that's the weather update.


 

1 comment:

Isabella said...

Glad you didn't get the storm. It probably would be great for a few hours but not two weeks. Turn off all the lights and use your lamps. Have a wonderful day. I