Jun 14, 2008

Counting your chickens before....


Today I was totally selfish.  I had put a deposit down on an Icelandic ewe.  I needed to pick her up today.  I thought about how lonely she would be by herself and told honey.  He said well, "pick up a couple more to keep her company".  I knew we couldn't afford it, but my mom had told me what she was giving me for my birthday next week and I thought I would spend my birthday money on them.  Well, I took from our septic fund to pay for them.  I will put my birthday money in there when I get it.  Do you thnk my mom will change her mind?


Speaking of chickens and hatching...We had a Buff go broody and hatch out eight little ones!  How wonderful.  Now we have another Buff that is setting.  We will have chicken overflow.  I love it.  I pray that these chicks are safe and make it to adulthood, unlike the first two batches that were hatched this spring.  I find if I let the chickens go free range, they tend to find safe places and start setting.  This works for me. 

No comments:

Jun 14, 2008

Counting your chickens before....


Today I was totally selfish.  I had put a deposit down on an Icelandic ewe.  I needed to pick her up today.  I thought about how lonely she would be by herself and told honey.  He said well, "pick up a couple more to keep her company".  I knew we couldn't afford it, but my mom had told me what she was giving me for my birthday next week and I thought I would spend my birthday money on them.  Well, I took from our septic fund to pay for them.  I will put my birthday money in there when I get it.  Do you thnk my mom will change her mind?


Speaking of chickens and hatching...We had a Buff go broody and hatch out eight little ones!  How wonderful.  Now we have another Buff that is setting.  We will have chicken overflow.  I love it.  I pray that these chicks are safe and make it to adulthood, unlike the first two batches that were hatched this spring.  I find if I let the chickens go free range, they tend to find safe places and start setting.  This works for me. 

No comments: