Mar 31, 2008

Information overload and organic seeds

I belong to a few Yahoo groups and found this website while going through some postings http://www.fastonline.org/CD3WD_40/CD3WD/INDEX.HTM  This site has information on just about any kind of farming you want to do.  I think a lot of the info was posted for third world countries. A person can get overwhelmed with everything here. Check it out.


 


I also have a question for those of you who garden.  Last  year I tried to buy organic seeds and I also tried to make sure that they were heirloom varieties, not hybrid.  I'd like to be able to save seeds year to year.  This year I'm concentrating on the seed saving part and not so much on the organic part.  If  you grow all of  your vegetables organically, just how much difference does it make if the seed's not organic.  I don't plan on being certified or anything like that, I just can't grasp the importance of organic seed.  Any ideas?


 

No comments:

Mar 31, 2008

Information overload and organic seeds

I belong to a few Yahoo groups and found this website while going through some postings http://www.fastonline.org/CD3WD_40/CD3WD/INDEX.HTM  This site has information on just about any kind of farming you want to do.  I think a lot of the info was posted for third world countries. A person can get overwhelmed with everything here. Check it out.


 


I also have a question for those of you who garden.  Last  year I tried to buy organic seeds and I also tried to make sure that they were heirloom varieties, not hybrid.  I'd like to be able to save seeds year to year.  This year I'm concentrating on the seed saving part and not so much on the organic part.  If  you grow all of  your vegetables organically, just how much difference does it make if the seed's not organic.  I don't plan on being certified or anything like that, I just can't grasp the importance of organic seed.  Any ideas?


 

No comments: