Dec 6, 2006

The Winter of Our "Discount Tent"

It's late, I know.  I should be in bed, but...I'm not sure why I'm up.  Maybe because I finally have some quiet and some time.  The weather has turned cold.  A month ago I was complaining about 30 degrees, now I'm complaining about minus 20.  It's a cold one tonight and I won't say that I enjoy it.  I've lived in Minnesota all of my life and used to think that cold was just a state of mind.  If you dressed for it, you could really enjoy yourself as your lungs iced up, your nostrils stuck together and the ice on your eyelashes was so heavy that you could barely see.  I think maybe with age comes a change in that state of mind.  Maybe you  get wimpy and whiney or maybe its wisdom.  I'm not sure.  My dh called from the Smokey Mountains tonight where he said it was a balmy 40 degrees.  It's sounding better and better.  How big are the bugs down there?  How poisonous are the snakes? 


One good thing about the cold, or so my mother says, it kills off the viruses.  If that's true, I'll be good and healthy while I enjoy another Minnesota winter.


Lord, help me to wake up each morning eager to start my day.  Grateful for the gift of it.  Full of energy and purpose.  I want to look forward to the promise that the day holds and be an encourager for my family and those around me.  Thank you.


Don't le the bed bugs bite.


From Glory Farm

No comments:

Dec 6, 2006

The Winter of Our "Discount Tent"

It's late, I know.  I should be in bed, but...I'm not sure why I'm up.  Maybe because I finally have some quiet and some time.  The weather has turned cold.  A month ago I was complaining about 30 degrees, now I'm complaining about minus 20.  It's a cold one tonight and I won't say that I enjoy it.  I've lived in Minnesota all of my life and used to think that cold was just a state of mind.  If you dressed for it, you could really enjoy yourself as your lungs iced up, your nostrils stuck together and the ice on your eyelashes was so heavy that you could barely see.  I think maybe with age comes a change in that state of mind.  Maybe you  get wimpy and whiney or maybe its wisdom.  I'm not sure.  My dh called from the Smokey Mountains tonight where he said it was a balmy 40 degrees.  It's sounding better and better.  How big are the bugs down there?  How poisonous are the snakes? 


One good thing about the cold, or so my mother says, it kills off the viruses.  If that's true, I'll be good and healthy while I enjoy another Minnesota winter.


Lord, help me to wake up each morning eager to start my day.  Grateful for the gift of it.  Full of energy and purpose.  I want to look forward to the promise that the day holds and be an encourager for my family and those around me.  Thank you.


Don't le the bed bugs bite.


From Glory Farm

No comments: