Sep 16, 2006

Oh Blessed Rain

It's raining. It's wonderful.  We're about 10 inches below the norm for summer and in extreme drought condition.  I awoke to the soft patter of rain on the window this morning.  I'd forgotten how good a rain smells.  You'd almost think it was spring with the sweet smell in the air.


Today is the Fall Harvest Festival in town.  They're having a pedal tractor pull, a corn feed, arts and crafts, a farmers' exchange, and other stuff.  My two little ones are going to do the tractor pull and I'm excited to see what kinds of treasures there'll be at the farmer's exchange.  Just an exchange of information will be fun.


We have located the umbrellas and we're off!


From Glory Farm

No comments:

Sep 16, 2006

Oh Blessed Rain

It's raining. It's wonderful.  We're about 10 inches below the norm for summer and in extreme drought condition.  I awoke to the soft patter of rain on the window this morning.  I'd forgotten how good a rain smells.  You'd almost think it was spring with the sweet smell in the air.


Today is the Fall Harvest Festival in town.  They're having a pedal tractor pull, a corn feed, arts and crafts, a farmers' exchange, and other stuff.  My two little ones are going to do the tractor pull and I'm excited to see what kinds of treasures there'll be at the farmer's exchange.  Just an exchange of information will be fun.


We have located the umbrellas and we're off!


From Glory Farm

No comments: